Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Tuesday:

Back was hurting when I woke up, and I didn't have the macadamia nuts to make breakfast, so I juiced a grapefruit and four oranges.

By lunch I was feeling better, and made the Nut Sushi. Ground almonds and some coconut meat was the "rice" portion. Avocado, cucumber, tomato, cilantro, and sprouts went in the nori along with the Nut mixture. The result was delicious and decedent! I ate every single bite!



My hubby picked up the macadamia nuts, and so I had breakfast for dinner! Chocolate Silk by Storm. His recipe called for carob, but I used raw cacao powder. I discussed the pro's and con's of these a few days ago, if you're interested. Anyway, it had macadamia nuts, young coconut water, a super ripe banana, dates, honey, cacao powder, olive oil, and salt. The result was a luscious l chocolate shaker that I will keep in my permanent recipe file!



I did well with exercise today. Upper body weights for 15 min. in the morning, and 30 min. on my hand cycle in the afternoon. For those who haven't seen one, here's what it looks like:


I am an incomplete paraplegic, so my legs rest on either side of the front wheel, and I pedal with my arms. Using your arms to move your body weight is three times harder than using your legs. So 30 mins. on a hand cycle is approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours on a bicycle. Whew! I set two new records: I went my fastest - 6.64 mph. and my furthest - 3.66 miles. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment