Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Wednesday cont:

Lunch was half a watermelon, blended into juice. I added ice and was in watermelon heaven. I haven't had watermelon juice since Thailand back in the 90's! I think if more people tried it, more people would drink it. Anyway, another seven cups of juice down the hatch!

Dinner was a smoothie: five oranges, a banana, and a cup of fresh berries. I used raspberries, blueberries, and leftover strawberries that were going to go bad if not used. The results filled my Vitamix and my tummy :) It was very good!

Because tomorrow is a water only fast (on Christmas! Who scheduled that?) I decided to treat myself and have a late night snack of durian.

For those who don't know, durian is a fruit from South East Asia that I first had in Thailand. It stinks to some people, ok most people (the first time I had it my husband thought there was a gas leak in the house!) But it smells and tastes luscious to me. Here's a pic of the package (I buy it frozen) and one of the "pods" that are inside.


It is creamy, almost like custard, sweet, and delicious. I've found that people either love it or hate it. I'm a lover. Soooooo excited it's on the menu.

Wish me luck tomorrow, everyone will be eating delicious food and I will be drinking water. Sigh. Willpower, don't fail me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment