Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Now that I'm over the "death flu", as of last Thursday, I can finally feel the effects of the raw vegan diet and thought I'd share. First thing I noticed is that I don't need as much medication as I used to. I usually take a 12 hour pain reliever, (2 pills a day) a hard core break-through pain med (5 pills a day), a muscle relaxer (3 pills a day) and an anti-spasmotic (2-3 pills a day). And now that I've been exercising, and not laying around in bed, I would normally need MORE medication.

But I find myself going all day just on my 12 hour pain med. I've gone days without my break-through med, which is a miracle!  I've also noticed a big change in my sleeping pattern. Whereas normally I have trouble getting to sleep, even having to take meds to sleep if I'm still up at midnight, now I find myself getting drowsy at 9:00! That is a huge change for me and doesn't seem to be effected by exercise. I'm staying asleep and not up half the night, that's a big change too.

Finally, my mental health has improved. I don't know if it's just that I'm proud that I'm sticking to a program and not cheating, or the diet itself. But I feel happier, I think less about my disability, and want to do more,  both in the house and out.

So, I think I'll continue on this diet until I reach my weight loss goals. After that? Guess it depends on how I want to feel :)

Check out the diet at www.21daysraw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment